Friday, January 18, 2013

Australianisms 3

Australianisms 3:

  •  Just watched a quintessential Aussie movie with my roommates called The Castle  If you haven't seen it you must. I'm told they are "Bogans" or what I think is a red neck. 
  • People say "I'm keen for..." whatever. all the time. I think its adorable and I'm trying to use it as often as possible
  • The "dunny" is the bathroom. I barely ever hear bathroom used. 
  • Most places are named after aboriginal words. Close by there is a lookout mountain called Cooth Tha and that means "place of honey". Indiroopilly is a town nearby with shops and that word means "a gully of leeches". I guess there were lots of leeches there...
  • Koalas don't drink. They only eat Eucalyptus (which by the way smells divine) and they sleep for 20 hours every day. Lazy little drop bears. 





No comments:

Post a Comment